We want as much food as possible to fulfill its highest purpose: feeding people. Redirecting just 1/3 of the food we all waste to people in need would feed everyone struggling with hunger in the U.S. today. We focus on several key priorities to help make that happen.
Key Focus Areas:
- Rescue more food: Our associates continue to rescue more wholesome food through Kroger’s Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Food Rescue program.
- Encourage innovation: We find and test new ideas and technology to redirect more healthy food to individuals and families struggling with hunger.
- Apply insights: We connect insights from 84.51°—Kroger’s customer insights and analytics team—and other experts to identify where we can help most.
- Align charitable giving: We direct charitable grants to organizations and causes that help end hunger in our communities.
- Engage customers & partners: Kroger offers ways for our customers and supplier partners to join our journey.